APCER obtains accreditation for ISO 55001 - Asset Management
APCER obtained accreditation from ENAC - National Accreditation Body for certification according to ISO 55001:2014 - Asset Management Systems, which aims to promote ongoing improvement and continuous value creation by managing the cost, performance and risk associated with assets.
By implementing an asset management system, organisations establish asset management policies, governance and processes that allow them to respond to their strategic objectives by coordinating the financial, operational, maintenance, risk management and other activities that are related to their assets.
ISO 55001 is applicable to any type of organisation regardless of their size or managed assets. Following a high-level structure, ISO 55001 is aligned with other management system standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 31000, which enables a set of management practices to be applied to all aspects of an organisation's activity.
The primary benefits of implementation and certification according to ISO 55001 are the following:
• Improved financial performance by improving the return on investment and decreasing costs without jeopardising the organisation's short or long-term goals. At the same time, the asset's value is preserved;
• Risk management: objective decision-making and defining priorities through clear and documented methodologies and criteria;
• Improvement in products and services provided by the organisation as a result of good asset performance;
• Improvement in organisational sustainability through efficient cost management and short and long-term performance;
• Improved reputation by increasing customer satisfaction, responsibility and confidence on the part of stakeholders.